Monday, February 22, 2010

Fixing Executable File / Program

Have you ever had times when you accidently changed the property of the file and set it to open to another program? Well, I've had my fair share and it is just devastating. It was all because of a virus that attacked all my word documents.





The .doc files were unable to open as the virus changed it into an executable file instead of a document. So I stupidly enough thought it was a clever thing to change the files extension from .exe to .doc. but it was the biggest mistake that I did.







I end up messing the files all together. All the .exe programs started to open in Office Word which was pretty awful as nothing literally opened except for Word of course. As for the file that got devoured, well, I never managed to open it either.







 Things got panicky but fortunately I had my browser opened all that while. I started to google-up ways to fix it and after quite somewhile I stumbled upon this website that typically explains how to repair it. I forgot the URL. I was suspicious at first (Well, who isn't? I could've downloaded more virus and trojans instead) but gave it a try, otherwise I wuldn't be able to submit my report despite having to redo it all over again *sigh*.







And voila! To my astonishment, after I downloaded the file and ran it, it works. I mean a click of a button is all I had to do. There was a small popup prompting whether we want to open a website afterwards but that was really it. The size of the file is only 11Kb and click here for the link. Like always, it is linked to my 4shared account. If you're not sure how to download it, look up in MiniLyrics, Karaoke Lyrics for instructions.






All you need to do is download it, then run it and that is all. Good luck in fixing the problem ;)

xoxo

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

[ nuffsaid ]